Saturday, October 24, 2015

Purple People Eaters..

Just another day at the shop in federal way. After working two 12-hour days in a row, being sick with some god-awful virus, I can honestly say I woke up this morning ready for this week to be over. Unfortunately, I had a full day booked so I knew I couldn't be throwing in the towel any time soon. It really ended up paying off when my last color client of the day showed up asking for purple hair. As an overly creative person, this makes my heart extremely happy, as not many of my very conservative clients come in asking for such a dramatic change on the reg.

Anyways, I was lucky to have a client with a natural light base, it made the purple really stand out. Being trained and educated in Loreal color products, I decided to use the Luo line as they have tons of purple and red-violet options to choose from. Below is the color that inspired both me and my     client to create a deep red-violet ombre.


Obviously this photo was found on pinterest, because lets be real, pinterest is life. 
Now, as glad as I was not having to bleach any hair to give her the vibrancy this picture shows here, I also had to warn her the color would take a slightly different shade and would definitely blend different with her natural Level 7, Sandy blonde hair. She was ready for whatever change I brought to the table. This girl was totally trusting me and giving me creative freedom! This does not happen often, and I was so ready to make her look like the bomb.com.
I used the same back-comb ombre technique I used with Cassandra in my last blog post. If you haven't gotten to check that out yet, you need to. 
http://baileysbeautyadventures.blogspot.com/2015/10/cassandra-color-correction-extraveganza.html

To get a truly unique red-violet tone, I mixed Luo color 4.26 and 6.52 in equal parts (1:1) with the Luo 25 volume developer. Because I did not want a hasrsh line of demarcation between her natural color and the color I was applying but I wanted strong vibrancy throughout the ends, I double foiled each section. So, I sectioned off my parting size, foiled through and backcombed, and also backcombed the fallout of that same section. This technique guaranteed solid color throughout her ends and I brought some sections of color up higher than others to diffuse it softly toward the top. Here's what happened..



Something so fun for fall, She absolutely loved it, and I got to get my hands a little dirty (Reference pun in the title). 
A happy client is a successful day in my book, well worth the over booked- understaffed week I had to endure. Holla for the weekend tho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment